Men’s and women's cross country each competed in the NCAA Division III Pre-Regional Meet held in Terre Haute, Ind.
The men ran in an 8k race, which is close to five miles, and placed 8th.
The next race for the Mount will be on Friday for the All-Ohio Championships in Cederville, Ohio.
Top five runners for the Lions:
- Kevin Polking (Cincinnati, OH /St. Xavier)-32:02
- Chad Mason (Addyston, OH/Taylor)-32:17
- James Vinson (Cincinnati, OH/Colerain)-33:11
- Josh King (Danville, IL (Danville))-33:54
- Sean McElroy (Cincinnati, OH (Madeira)-34:19
Mason, Vinson, King, and McElroy all finished one after the other in a group. Polking’s average mile was 6:27.
The women ran the 6k race, and also finished 8th.
The top two runners for the women's team were:
18. Amanda Shelby (West Chester, OH/Lakota West) finished in 18th place overall with a 24:50 time and a 6:40 average mile.
36. Freshman Maria Waters (Cincinnati, OH/Mercy) finished in 36th overall and also had a sub seven minute mile at 6:59 and 26:01 ending time.