Richmond, Indiana -- Mount St. Joseph got off to a very hot start in their season finale on Saturday afternoon at Earlham. The Lions were setting the nets on fire from beyond the arc in the first half of play, shooting 50% from three-point range. Lainee Studer (Pleasant Plain / Little Miami) and Emily Townsend (Dillsboro / South Dearborn) shouldered a lot of the load in the first half, scoring 11 and 9 points respectively.
The second half did not fair as well for Mount St. Joseph. The Lions struggled coming out of halftime and were outscored by the Quakers 19-11 in the third frame. They struggled again in the forth quarter as they had a lot of trouble stopping the Quaker offense, surrendering 20 points in the final 10 minutes. As the game was nearing its conclusion Earlham was able to continue to push and complete their comeback victory. Before the final buzzer sounded the Quakers took the lead and held on for a 65-63 victory.
- Lainee Studer dropped 18 points on Saturday afternoon while also dishing out 6 assists.
- Emily Townsend led all scorers with 19 points while also collecting 6 rebounds.
- Krystal Wannemacher (Payne, OH / Wayne Trace) was huge for the Lions on the glass, pulling down a team-high 10 boards.
- The Lions played a great game on offense, turning the ball over just 4 times all game.
- The Lion defense was a force all night, causing 17 Earlham turnovers.